(1) The Training Program for Angel Investors is based on the CBA Body of Knowledge, approved by the Academic Board, May 2013. (see businessangelinstitute.org) (2) The Training Program is divided into two parts: pre-investment and post-investment. Each part consists of 2 modules.
Each module includes
• around 3 days of guided home study
• (comprehensive set of materials included)
• 2 days of masterclasses
• practice instructions and feedback
• 1 remote coaching session
This training program is designed to equip individuals with the qualifications necessary to invest directly and successfully into small growth-oriented companies. In addition, the program qualifies participants for taking the Certified Business Angel (CBA) exam. This is done in four ways:
• Independent Study. In order to best accommodate the time constraints of busy professionals, the program is designed in a way that allows you to do much of your initial preparation at home. For this you get an extensive set of readings and are guided through them.
• Face-to-Face Masterclasses. Participants of the course will learn early stage investing based on real case studies provided by the faculty, as well as real entrepreneurs with whom they can practice in a protected setting. To ensure a sufficient depth of discussion, masterclasses are organized in small group settings.
• Practical Assignments. Every module includes practical assignments for the participants, helping them to pave the way for becoming a professional early stage investor.
• Remote Sessions. Every assignment follows a remote session with exports from our faculty, helping participants to further hone their methods.